Labioplasty (reduction of labia minora) in London
For some women, having large labia can cause pain during intercourse and overly large or asymmetrical labia can cause chafing and discomfort during everyday activities or with certain clothing. Some women simply feel unattractive.
Labioplasty is a reduction of the labia minora, the flaps of skin which form the lips of a woman’s genitalia and cover the clitoris and vaginal opening. Surgery usually takes around 1 hour and is performed under local or general anaesthesia.
Swelling and bruising are very common after labioplasty surgery and may require months to recover.
Bleeding is also frequent, although a massive bleeding should be referred immediately to your doctor.
Patient are encouraged to retrain from sexual activities for 3-4 weeks.
Patients are frequently treated on a day case basis but on occasion an overnight stay may be required.
At consultation your Surgeon will discuss with you:-
- Any relevant medical history.
- Try to ascertain your expectations, determine your suitability for treatment and then discuss possible treatment options for you to consider. There is a likely need for repeat procedures to establish an acceptable outcome.
- Explain the treatment processes and any possible risks and complications.
- Provide post treatment advice.
- Prior to surgery the Doctor will photograph the area/s to be treated.